CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 28, 2008

Mary, Jesus' Mother

"But Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart." Luke 2:19 KJV

Mary thought about special things that people said about Jesus, her first born son. I think the reason was to strengthen and encourage her for the experience of seeing her beloved son dying on the cross.

I always liked this verse and I have a notebook with it written on the first page. This book is filled with things people have said about my children, Jaiden and Angel over the years. Things such as "he is so observant for a two month old", "she never stops smiling" and "they are both so mellow". It is special to look back on what others have observed about my babies. I think the memories will strengthen me and make me happy when they are old enough to be out in the world for themselves.

I think I should do the same with stories about how God has done great things for me. Then, in times of hardship I can read back on these and know, with faith, that God will bring me through one more time.

I'd love to hear your latest "God story"...

1 comments:

Sharon Evans said...

hi thought this was a lovely blog. think i will do a book too. would be nice to have. God must have found it hard to let his son go to earth. just shows John 3 v 16 - how much he loved individuals in the world. love sharon (big sis)